Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1.0 egg, lightly beaten
- 6 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cups blueberries
- Sift first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl. Combine next 3 ingredients in another bowl.
- Stir buttermilk mixture into dry ingredients until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Heat a heavy nonstick skillet or griddle over medium high heat to 375°.
- When hot, lightly brush surface with oil.
- Add about 1/3 cup of batter per pancake to skillet.
- Sprinkle a few blueberries over each round of pancake batter and cook 2-3 minutes, or until small holes appear in batter and bottom is browned.
- Turn cakes and cook about 1 minute or until browned.
- Repeat process until all pancakes are cooked.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings or keep warm in a 200° oven until ready to serve. >4 pans
| This Recipe is Considered:|
Fat: 8.9 g
Calories from Fat: 32.1 %
Protein: 7 g
Cholesterol: 48.9 mg
Dietary fiber: 2.7 g