Preparation Time: 10 min
Cooking Time: 5 min
- 1 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.0 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cups warm water, about 115 degrees
- 1.0 package active dry yeast
- 6 tsp unsalted butter
- 6 tsp molasses
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cups buckwheat flour
- Heat first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat until bubbles form around the side of the pan.
- Remove from heat. Set aside about 10 minutes to cool to lukewarm.
- Stir yeast into a bowl with warm water.
- Set aside 5 minutes.
- Stir egg into yeast mixture.
- Stir in salt, half the flours and half the milk mixture.
- Using an electric mixer or wire whisk, mix thoroughly.
- Add remaining flours and milk mixture and blend well.
- Lightly cover and set aside to let rise in a warm place 45 minutes, until doubled in size.
- Preheat waffle iron.
- When hot, lightly brush surface with oil.
- Pour batter onto waffle iron to cover about 3/4 of its surface.
- Close cover and bake about 5 minutes or until iron stops steaming.
- Open cover and use fork to remove waffle.
- Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve immediately with desired toppings or keep warm in 200° oven until ready to serve. >6 pans
| This Recipe is Considered:|
Fat: 7.2 g
Calories from Fat: 30.7 %
Protein: 7.1 g
Cholesterol: 65.4 mg
Dietary fiber: 1.8 g