280 Calories Per Serving
Ingredients (16 Servings):
- 9 tsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 cups no sugar added seedless raspberry spread
- 6 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/4 cups sugar
- 2-1/2 cups unsweetened frozen raspberries, thawed
- 2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cups oil
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 3.0 egg
- 1.0 package white cake mix
- 6 tsp unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray 2 9 inches round cake pans with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Reserve 2-1/2 cups batter.
- Pour remaining batter into a prepared cake pan.
- Melt 3 Tbs. chocolate chips and stir into reserved batter.
- Pour chocolate batter into other cake pan.
- Bake 25 minutes or until a tester comes out clean when inserted in center.
- Cool cake in pans 10 minutes on wire racks, then remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire racks.
- Combine raspberries, sugar and 1/2 cup water in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Combine 1/4 cup water and cornstarch in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- Shake vigorously and add to raspberry mixture.
- Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a wire whisk.
- Remove from heat and stir in raspberry spread. Let cool to room temperature.
- Cut each cake layer in half horizontally using a serrated knife.
- Place 1 chocolate layer, cut side up, on a serving plate.
- Spread with 2/3 cup raspberry mixture and top with 1 white cake layer.
- Repeat procedure with remaining cake layers and raspberry mixture, ending with a white cake layer.
- Combine remaining chocolate, 1 Tbs. water, corn syrup and butter in the top of a double boiler.
- Cook mixture over simmering water until chocolate melts, stirring occasionally
- Chill 15 minutes or until chocolate is spreadable.
- Spread glaze over top and sides of cake. >16 pans
This Recipe is Considered:
Fat: 12 g
Calories from Fat: 38.6 %
Protein: 3 g
Cholesterol: 38.9 mg
Dietary fiber: 2.2 g