312 Calories Per Serving
Ingredients (6 Servings):
- 9 tspgrated Romano cheese\grated
- 1 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, or shredded Monterey Jack
- 2 cups bottled spaghetti sauce
- 9.0large lasagna noodle
- 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1.0 egg, beaten
- 1-5/8 Lbs.canned or frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed to drain all liquid
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups cottage cheese or feta cheese
- In a bowl, combine the spinach, nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cottage or feta cheese, egg, and half the Parmesan cheese.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions and drain.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Arrange 3 noodles in a lightly oiled 9 x 13 inches baking dish.
- Spread half the spinach-cheese mixture evenly over the noodles.
- Top with half the spaghetti sauce.
- Repeat this layering process once more.
- Top with remaining 3 noodles.
- Cover and bake for about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove and add remaining the Parmesan, along with the mozzarella and Romano cheese.
- Bake an additional 5 minutes until bubbly and browned on top.
- Cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
- If freezing cooked food, divide into freezer/oven-proof containers in the amounts you will use at one time.
- Cool as quickly as possible to retain freshness. (Dairy, egg and meat based dishes should cool in refrigerator.)
- Cover tightly and place in freezer for up to 3 months.
- Reheating options: Place frozen food in oven and turn on heat to 375°.
- Bake about 1 hour, or until bubbly.
- Or, transfer food to a covered microwave-safe container and heat on high setting until bubbly. (USDA recommends reheating meats to 165° to destroy any bacteria.)>6 pans
This Recipe is Considered:
Fat: 13 g
Calories from Fat: 37.5 %
Protein: 23.7 g
Cholesterol: 55.8 mg
Dietary fiber: 6.5 g